Whitley Bay and District Scouts has more than 1,000 members in the North Tyneside area
Our Scout Groups are in Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Monkseaton, West Monkseaton, Wellfield and Earsdon
Whitley Bay and District Scouts is part of the Scout Association – the UK’s biggest mixed youth organisation and a member of the Worldwide Scout Movement.
Every week in Whitley Bay and District we offer over 1,000 young people aged 6-25 year olds opportunities to have fun and take part in challenging activities, unique experiences and everyday adventure.
We change lives by helping young people develop the skills they need for school, college, university, their first job interview, that important speech, the tricky challenge and the big dreams. Skills they need for life.
Within Whitley Bay and District Scouts, we have 11 Scout Groups, each with their own Beaver Colony, Cub Pack and Scout Troop. We also have one of the largest Explorer Scout units in the country and an active Scout Network.
Scouting actively engages and supports young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
As Scouts we are guided by our values:
- Care: We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
- Respect: We have self-respect and respect for others.
- Integrity: We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal.
- Cooperation: We make a positive difference; we cooperate with others and make friends.
- Belief: We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.